J. Michael Burman – Partner
Commercial Litigation Attorney Throughout South Florida and Across the State
Contact at 561-515-3132 or email@example.com
For more than 40 years, attorney J. Michael Burman has been recognized as one of the nation’s leading lawyers. Most recently, he was named Best Lawyers(r) "2012 Lawyer of the Year" for West Palm Beach and the Mergers & Acquisitions category. He has been profiled in The Best Lawyers in America over the last twenty years, and he is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell and included in their Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. He has earned Florida Bar Board Certification, the highest level of recognition by The Florida Bar for the competency and experience of a civil trial attorney and is certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by theNational Board of Trial Advocacy.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Burman prosecuted capital crimes as a Criminal Division Chief for the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office. Today, he specializes in complex commercial litigation, personal injury, wrongful death and insurance bad faith litigation. He also serves as an arbitrator or mediator on selected major cases.
Mr. Burman has secured numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of the Firm's clients in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death and insurance bad faith. In the area of complex commercial litigation, he has both successfully prosecuted and defended multi-million dollar claims.
In addition to his full-time law practice, Mr. Burman has served on the Judicial Nomination Commission for the 15th Judicial Circuit as a chairman and member. He also served on the Grievance Committee for the 15th Judicial Circuit.
Mr. Burman is a member of the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the American Board of Trial Advocates, The Florida Bar, the Florida Justice Association, the Palm Beach County Bar Association, and the Palm Beach County Justice Association.
Mr. Burman is admitted to practice throughout the State of Florida and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits, as well as before the United States Supreme Court. He is also admitted to practice in the state of Colorado.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Litigation (Insurance Bad Faith)
- Personal Injury
- The Florida Bar, 1971
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- The Colorado Bar, 2009
Certifications / Specialties:
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Awards & Honors:
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in 2012 by Best Lawyers
- Profiled in Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Florida Trend Magazine – Legal Elite
- The South Florida Legal Guide – Top Florida Attorney
- Super Lawyer Magazine – "Super Lawyer" (2006-2011)
- Chairman & Member, Judicial Nomination Commission 15th Judicial Circuit
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities:
- American Association for Justice – Sustaining Member & Diplomat
- American Bar Association – Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers – Fellow
- Florida Justice Association – Member
- Grievance Committee 15th Judicial Circuit – Past Member
- International Society of Barristers – Fellow
- Palm Beach County Bar Association – Member
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Member
- The Florida Bar – Member